[News] [Rival] Microsoft's Embrace-to-Kill with Open Source

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Embrace-to-Kill with Open Source
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 07:02:09 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Open source vs. commercial software

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft fighting open source even as it embraces it.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2007/102607-arguments-open-source-commercial.html?ts0hb&story=wkend_50arguments

Corporate open source advice

,----[ Quote ]
| Faking it, or "level 0" participation, is doing PR blitz around open source
| but not actually using an open source license. "There isn't a lot of point to
| doing this unless you want to destroy trust," Fitzgerald says.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/community/?q=node/1631

Microsoft has already destroyed trust with "unamerican", "communism",
and "cancer".

Related:

My resolve to treat Microsoft like any another license submitter is being
sorely tested.

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://opensource.org/node/192