Re: [News] AMD Reaches Out to Linux Users, NVidia Down 10%

> Should we really be *happy* about AMD's release of specs?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Talk about a limited OS-centered fanboyism versus the serious issues seen in
>| the big picture. The OS shouldn't matter as much as Freedomware.
> `----
>
> http://www.libervis.com/topic/should_we_really_be_happy_about_amds_release_of_specs

There is another singular point, though - what use are these machines in
the long run?  The desktop remains dead as a dodo, so far as I can tell.

If anyone wants to play high-end games now, it's almost certainly less
expensive to buy a PS3 and just buy the game for it.

Why spend hundreds of quid trying to force a non-optimal architecture
into being a high-end graphics machine, when you can buy a PS3 for half
the price?