Re: [News] [Rival] Becta Still a UK Taxpayers' Moneysink for Abusive Monopoly

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 26 October 2007 15:46 : \____

>> Becta has a lot to learn
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Rather than investing time and energy into helping to promote real
>>| alternatives to Redmond's hold on school IT, Becta is simply using the OFT
>>| as a negotiating tool. Like many organisations, Becta seems incapable of
>>| thinking outside a Microsoft-defined box.
>> `----
>>
>> http://resources.zdnet.co.uk/articles/comment/0,1000002985,39290249,00.htm
>
> We really should start to add up just how much Becta, NHS, BBC, National
> Archives and British Library are paying to Microsoft.  The information
> should be publicly available anyway.

Becta's contract with the monopolist is secret. I'm not kidding. It's
outrageous and it's part of the deal's condition. Just like the OEMs all over
again. In the public sector.

> I suspect that moving away from Microsoft could actually offer the
> opportunity to reduce taxes - what politician would refuse such an
> opportunity?

Bribed ones. Vested interests. Ignorance maybe.

Charity: compensating for a broken system rather than actually fixing it
         run-level 2  2007-10-16 15:14                   last=