Re: [News] Overwhelming Response to Linux GPU Survey

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 26 October 2007 15:26 : \____

>> What 10,000+ People Say About Linux Graphics
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| ==============
>>| Which video adapter brand(s) do you use in your Linux system(s)?
>>| ==============
>>| Intel: 15.17%
>>| ATI: 31.87%
>>| NVIDIA: 48.16%
>>| Matrox: 1.41%
>>| SiS / XGI: 1.61%
>>| Other: 1.75%
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=889&num=1
>>
>> Not bad for a new site. This confirms that the size of the Linux community
>> is huge and with open source drivers the best is yet to come.
>>

> I'm about to start switching over to ATI because of the open-source
> drivers.

That seems to be the consensus in Digg (probably the Linux world in general).
If NVIDIA loses market share, it'll have to follow suit or /top/ ATI (full
open source driver?). Some projects play these games with licences, e.g. MPL
vs GPL.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Watch your step, that soapbox is very slippery