[News] Linux PCs to Play PS3 Games over the Web, Linux Gaming Gets Improved

  • Subject: [News] Linux PCs to Play PS3 Games over the Web, Linux Gaming Gets Improved
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:25:43 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Games shared from PC to PS3 over the Web?

,----[ Quote ]
| "We will release a Linux version in Q4 2007 which will enable PC games to be
| played on the PlayStation 3 and many other devices including DVD players, set
| top boxes, networked media devices and mobile phones," he said.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15045/1063/

The State of the Linux Gaming Industry

,----[ Quote ]
| When I read reports on the Linux gaming industry, I can't help but wonder
| where the Linux gamers are at? Can we find them on the Nintendo Wii or
| perhaps the Playstation 3 (PS3)? After all, I have heard that PS3 actually
| works rather well with Yellow Dog Linux.
`----

http://www.madpenguin.org/cms/?m=show&id=8047

UT3 Linux: It Will Ship When It's Ready

,----[ Quote ]
| While Unreal Tournament 3 will ship on November 19 for Windows gamers, and we
| previously confirmed that the Linux binary will not ship on the DVD,
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjE1Mw

At least it's coming! It's an excellent game.

Related and recent:

Free Games for Linux

.----[ Quote ]

`----