Re: [News] Groovy way to access MySQL

____/ [H]omer on Thursday 25 October 2007 20:42 : \____

> Get your Groove on
>
> .----
> |    A very traditional niche of scripting languages, (such as Perl,
> | Python or Ruby), has been in the ad hoc manipulation of databases –
> | from grabbing data, transforming it, performing bulk updates, right
> | on through to full-on data migration projects that move data from
> | one platform or RDBMS to another. Scripting languages are perfect
> | for these types of task because they are quick to write and test,
> | can be used interactively while the problem space is being
> | explored, and because extraneous features – such as graphical user
> | interface, detailed user documentation and so on – are not
> | required...
> `----
>
> http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2007/10/25/groovy_mysql/
>
> Visual Baysick finger-painters need not apply.

Some months ago, a Web-based interface was boasted in The Register as well (not
phpMyAdmin). I can't recall if it achieve handling of some massive data, but
it was innovative, no doubt.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Windows: backward-compatible, even for viruses
 01:20:01 up 9 days, 10:05,  3 users,  load average: 0.94, 1.08, 1.29