[News] Microsoft 'Interoperability' Actually Makes Linux Incompatible

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft 'Interoperability' Actually Makes Linux Incompatible
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:59:10 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Turbolinux falls for a patent deal with Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| What seems clear is that these various patent covenant deals will result in
| fragmenting the capabilities of the participating Linux distributions such
| that they will wind up offering some features and functions that are diverse
| and possibly incompatible. And that sounds an awful lot like a cunning Volish
| plan to divide and conquer.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/10/24/turbolinux-falls-patent-deal

Not to mention Oracle...

The Oracle Unbreakable Linux incompatibility

,----[ Quote ]
| It was exciting when a year ago at LinuxWorld Expo London we heard a rumour
| that Oracle was going to support Red Hat Enterprise Linux. It was surprising
| to find out that this rumour was not entirely as well-intended and supportive
| as it sounded.
`----

http://dag.wieers.com/blog/content/the-oracle-unbreakable-linux-incompatibility

I Was Wrong: Microsoft Won [in the Europe case]

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2007/10/i-was-wrong-microsoft-won.html