Re: [News] Two More Steps Towards Freedom: GNU Classpath and Open/Free BIOS

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 25 October 2007 10:46 : \____

>> ____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 24 October 2007 23:39 : \____
>>
>>> Verily I say unto thee, that Jerry McBride spake thusly:

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> There's also the upcoming trend of embedding GNU/Linux into the mobo.
>>> Combined with LinuxBIOS this means a very fast and legacy-free system.
>>
>> Yes, I thought about including a reference to that ASUS board. 5 seconds to
>> boot, IIRC.
>>

> That's a very good time indeed!  Unfortunately, monopolies do tend to
> stifle innovation and creativity.  Hopefully, we're heading for the end
> of the Microsoft monopoly in this area, although it'll be a long time in
> collapsing, of course.

Luckily, this one particular board from Asustek does not run Xandros (unlike
Eee), which slides money in the oppressor's direction (it's racketeering).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Mod me up and I'll mod you 'insightful'"
Tasks: 104 total,   1 running, 103 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie