Re: [News] [Rival] The "Wow" is Officially Dead

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Mark Kent
<mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 24 Oct 2007 10:00:00 +0100
<g5e3v4-g3o.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, OK
>><otto@xxxxxxxxx>
>>  wrote
>> on Tue, 23 Oct 2007 12:37:02 +0200
>><oljrh3piqgbgto28ctbe9s8ik3u74cpon8@xxxxxxx>:

>>> Absolutely. All 73 millions of them:
>>>
>>> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=5&qpcustom=Windows+Vista
>>>

>> So why is the rampup 4.6 years or so instead of 3?
>>

> Well, it's channel stuffing, not real sales.  Just look at DSG in the
> UK, they're stuck with warehouses full of inventory nobody wants.

I thought OK's link was based on website hits...?
Machines sitting in a warehouse wouldn't generate such. :-)

Of course I'm still wondering about the "Wow"; my idea
is more along the lines of Roy's..."What the F*** were
they thinking?"  But it's enough to make one say "Wow,
I could have had a Linux distro!"  (With apologies to CSC
Brands, the maker of V8 100% vegetable juice.)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of
elderberries!" - Monty Python and the Holy Grail