[News] Linux Wins in Benchmark

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Continues to Deliver World-Record Performance Results

,----[ Quote ]
| Last week, IBM announced a world-record industry-standard performance
| benchmark result using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. This benchmark follows a
| long line of Red Hat Enterprise Linux world-record results published
| recently. Here are some highlights.
`----

http://www.press.redhat.com/2007/10/23/red-hat-enterprise-linux-continues-to-deliver-world-record-performance-results/

Related:

Winning benchmarks before it's released:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5

,----[ Quote ]
| The Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 SPECompM2001 result is the world record
| for a 16-way SMP configuration, and used an IBM POWER system that
| delivered a result of 45,895 - an incredible 78% faster than the
| previous Linux record holder. It is also a whole lot faster than
| the competing Unix results: 210% over Sun Solaris, 132% over
| HP/UX.
`----

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/02/16/winning-benchmarks-before-its-released-red-hat-enterprise-linux-5/
http://tinyurl.com/2gd2fo

SL Speed Showdown: Linux Tops Windoze

,----[ Quote ]
| This was not a scientific study - only a small test which confirmed what I
| thought I had "felt" already while using Second Life on my new PC.
`----

http://www.secondlifeherald.com/slh/2007/07/sl-speed-showdo.html

[MS MVP] Foray into Feisty Fawn helped me take back my MIPS

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://msmvps.com/blogs/plenderj/archive/2007/07/14/foray-into-feisty-fawn-helped-me-take-back-my-mips.aspx