[News] Reasons to Hate Vista Listed; Many Companies Reject It Blindly

  • Subject: [News] Reasons to Hate Vista Listed; Many Companies Reject It Blindly
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 15:26:22 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft's Vista WOW - “100 Reasons Why Everyone’s So Speechless”

,----[ Quote ]
| Reasons Why I hate Vista
|
| (1) It's a memory hog, unless you have 1-2 gigabytes of RAM say goodbye to
| any reasonable performance.
|
| (2) That dratted UAC dialog that pop's up freaking 20,000 times a day.
`----

http://www.technoblogo.com/2007/10/22/Microsofts+Vista+WOW+++100+Reasons+Why+Everyones+So+Speechless+.aspx

Microsoft Vista - Are You Willing To Be An Early Adapter?

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft’s got a long way to go with Vista, though, if 38% of companies out
| there aren’t even thinking of moving to Vista.
`----

http://onlinelearningsecrets.com/technology-review/microsoft-vista-are-you-willing-to-be-an-early-adapter

Related:

Windows Vista: More like Titanic II than ME II

,----[ Quote ]
| My belief is that the only real cure for Vista blues is to trash as much
| legacy hardware and software as possible. If you really want Vista, and want
| it to work properly, then the cost of that is likely to be far more than the
| cost of the upgrade.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/entdev/article.php/3695741

20 Reasons Why Vista Sucks

,----[ Quote ]
| Having been forced to use vista for almost 4 months now I can truly say it is
| so riddled with problems it may be another five years until it is actually
| ready for the masses.
`----

http://www.pointsboard.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=78#p172

I pity the fool (Windows XP good, Vista bad)

,----[ Quote ]
| It saddens me to think of all the ill advised people buying new computers
| running Windows Vista, when they could have chosen XP. As Mr. T was fond of
| saying back in the 1980s, I pity the fool.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9770230-7.html

Why we are not adopting Vista - yet

,----[ Quote ]
| I forgot to mention, last week, that I met with ICT colleagues to discuss the
| software infrastructure for "Building 1000". We have concluded that we cannot
| yet adopt Windows Vista because too many of our other software suppliers have
| not tested their products, and will not warrant their use, under Vista.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=83

People Are Rethinking The Idea Of Installing Windows Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| Many people who rushed into the download and installation of the new Windows
| vista are having second thoughts.
`----

http://www.kules.com/?p=2839

I Warned Ye...

,----[ Quote ]
| Listen, you've only got two choices at this point.
|
| 1. Live with Vista, and keep trying to work through the issues.
| 2. Use that XP disc I made you keep handy, and put everything back to the way
| it was.
`----

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/cio/helpdesksamurai/archives/i-warned-ye-18790

The 10 sins of Windows vista