[News] Another Good Review for PCLinuxOS 2007

  • Subject: [News] Another Good Review for PCLinuxOS 2007
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 04:20:42 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
PCLinuxOS 2007. [Review]

,----[ Quote ]
| In conclusion PCLinuxOS is a great distribution for the users who may be just
| coming from windows and want to see what Linux has to offer but really don't
| want to invest any time into it until the user sees if it's worth it or not.
| If your one of these users then its probably worth your time looking into
| PCLinuxOS.
`----

http://www.wolfmanzbytes.com/news/viewnews.cgi?id=EEAkZVFpVkQXaiExUl

Related:

PCLinuxOS gaining more popularity than Ubuntu?

,----[ Quote ]
| This may not be as absurd a claim as you may think, especially when you take
| into consideration the minor backlash that Ubuntu has experienced. So is
| PCLinuxOS the next poster-child of usable Linux?
`----

http://www.seopher.com/articles/pclinuxos_gaining_more_popularity_than_ubuntu_

PCLinuxOS: Linux Distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| One notable difference from Mandriva is the program used to install
| extra software. We found this much easier to use and includes useful
| software such as graphics drivers.
|
| Unlike some other distributions, PCLinuxOS can play back
| proprietary multimedia files (including wma, mp3, mpg, rm,
| mov) without having to install extra software. DVD playback
| software is not included but can be installed with the
| standard installation tool.
`----

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/computeractive/downloads/2191819/pclinuxos-linux-distribution

Review: PcLinuxOS 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| While PcLinuxOS does still have a bit of growing to do, out of all the
| linux distributions out there, I'd easily rate this one as the best in
| every way because of all that it does, how easy it is to use, how ready
| it is to use out of the box, and most especially in the area of
| appeasing both camps, the new user and the experienced user.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=249

PClinuxOS 2007.0 Review

,----[ Quote ]