[News] Slackware Derivative Has New Version, Slackware Receives Praises

  • Subject: [News] Slackware Derivative Has New Version, Slackware Receives Praises
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 05:01:29 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
New release:

http://www.pcbypaul.com/absolute/

"Latest release is Absolute 12.0.5"

Slackware: Secure all the way back to 8.1

,----[ Quote ]
| Slackware provides security updates all the way back to version 8.1 along
| with 9.0, 9.1, 10.0, 10.1, 10.2, 11.0 and 12.0, so if there is a reason
| you're using an older version of Slack, it is still being supported by the
| distro's creator, Patrick Volkerding and his team.
`----

http://www.insidesocal.com/click/2007/09/slackware_secure_all_the_way_b.html

Slackware: There's something totally sane about it

,----[ Quote ]
| Did I mention that configuring CUPS printing for my difficult-to-dial-in
| networked printer was easier in Slackware than in anything else I've tried?
| I'm mentioning it now.
`----

http://www.insidesocal.com/click/2007/09/slackware_theres_something_tot.html

Related:

Slackware 12 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm big fan of Slackware Linux, I have used it since the 9.0 version, and
| I am very happy with this distribution...
`----

http://xlayn.blogspot.com/2007/07/slackware-12-review.html

Slackware 12.0 Screenshot Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| Here are some of the advanced features of Slackware 12.0: runs the
| 2.6.21.5 version of the Linux kernel; system binaries are linked
| with the GNU C Library, version 2.5; X11 7.2.0...
`----

http://osdir.com/Article9865.phtml

Slackware 12.0 is released!

,----[ Quote ]
| That's right, the first 2.6(.21.5) based Slackware release is ready
| for download! We think you'll enjoy the latest kernel, KDE 3.5.7,
| XFce 4.4.1, HAL automounting for desktop users, an updated toolchain,
| and many other enhancements.
`----

http://www.slackware.com/index.php

Full Slackware 12.0 Review