[News] Microsoft Spins Blue Screen of Death, Lives on Foundation of Custard

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Spins Blue Screen of Death, Lives on Foundation of Custard
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 13:20:55 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Why Does Windows Crash?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://digg.com/microsoft/Why_Does_Windows_Crash

>From the same company which said that 0.2% (or 2%) of the PCs out there suffer
from malware (not 60-90%, as other source report) and that XBox360 failure
rate are very, very low (before they gave up and spilled the beans).

No other operating system has ever been this shaky.

,----[ Quote ]
| Yes Vista is on very shaky grounds. So shaky I would compare it to walking on
| custard. Custard is one of those strange compounds that if you hit it, it
| feels solid but if you touch it your hand sinks into it. Vista, by its
| proprietary nature is slow moving and will not change much from its initial
| release. Linux on the other hand is fast moving and continually improving.
| Back to the custard analogy Vista will sink while Linux will be able to walk
| with impunity.
`----

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/linux/locutus/archives/no-other-operating-system-has-ever-been-this-shaky-18853

Watch the video. 'Vista man' sinks.

Related:

Trouble Shooting The Blue Screen of Death

,----[ Quote ]
| Fortunately since Windows 2000 this has become less of a common occurrence,
| or so it seemed. Working late last night at a client’s office on a handful
| of problems already, Windows Vista (Brand new machine, only a week old)
| decided to show me otherwise. While copying some vital files to the
| machine, it restarted windows. After a rebooting to the login screen,
| it then repeated the process of halting and restarted, nice!
`----

http://www.terinea.co.uk/blogs/terineatechtips/2007/06/27/trouble-shooting-the-blue-screen-of-death/
http://tinyurl.com/3x7fe3

Who Knew... [Musical instruments crash]

,----[ Quote ]
| Who knew that even musical instruments could experience Microsoft’s Blue
| Screen of Death. I didn’t until I went to Seattle’s Experience Music Project
| last week.
`----

http://justinmaier.com/2007/08/22/who-knew/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/foronda/478777860/

NVidia + Vista = BSOD

,----[ Quote ]
| It has been widely reported that Nvidia drivers are quite buggy,
| and Nvidia themselves have a special area to deal with Vista bugs.

The Blue Screen of Death is Back!!!

,----[ Quote ]
| Ok I'm going to wipe my computer and install Vista clean, and see if
| run into the same problems. If that does not work, I will go back to XP,
| and really start to look at getting a Mac, and I'm one of the few people
| that don't like apple (long story, tell you about it some other time).
`----

http://vn21.org/2007/04/26/the-blue-screen-of-death-is-back/

Catalyst 7.3 Causes BSOD in Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| Looking to boost your system's performance? A driver upgrade is
| often a great way to do it, but in the case of AMD's new Catalyst
| 7.3 driver package for Radeon graphics cards and Windows Vista,
| you might want to hold off before you take the plunge unless you
| enjoy gazing at blue screens with white lettering. It's another
| case of driver woes with the new operating system.

Vista BSOD, Mac Pro Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| I attempted to install Windows Vista Ultimate on my test machine here
| at the office last night. It's a dual-Xeon (quad core) Mac Pro tower,
| a real beast hardware-wise, so I figured I wouldn't encounter any
| problems.
|
| [BSOD]
`----

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2007/02/vista_bsod_mac_.html

Slot machine suffers blue screen of death

,----[ Quote ]
| However, it appears that this particular design is not quite ready
| for the prime time as, when we stopped by, the game had hung
| completely with a classic blue screen of death. Now that's going
| to seriously annoy you if you've just won the jackpot! We came back
| an hour later, and the game was still in the same condition.

AOL has the power to crash Win2k virtual machines

,----[ Quote ]
| Now, I hear the chorus typing their hate e-mails... "Why would
| anyone run the AOL client inside linux"? Simple: for me it's just
| another tool to avoid network congestion. When you connect to AOL
| over broadband you setup a VPN to the "AOL cloud" and your AOLc
| lient allows navigating from an AOL IP address, thus often helping
| bypass local backbone bottlenecks and other nuisances.

Windows Vista Crashing On Install

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://yuschik.blogspot.com/2006/11/windows-vista-crashing-on-install.html