[News] Asustek Expects to Ship 3 Million Linux Laptops Next Year

  • Subject: [News] Asustek Expects to Ship 3 Million Linux Laptops Next Year
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 01:15:20 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Asus Eee PC Coming = Pushing Down UMPCs and ASPs of Laptop Computers

,----[ Quote ]
| Asustek says that with shipments of 3 million Eee PC units for whole 2008,
| the main impact will be appeared in the second half of next year.
`----

http://laptopcom.blogspot.com/2007/09/asus-eee-pc-coming-pushing-down-umpcs.html

Related:

Linux is gaining ground fast. Believe it?

,----[ Quote ]
| In my area ASUS just started replacing Windows laptop stickers with: made for
| Red Flag Linux! Although Ubuntu is much better- from what I can see ASUS
| laptops no longer say (for Windows) here in China! Incredible. This is the
| first gradual (at least partial) step I believe. However they aren't
| installing Linux just yet. Vista is a flop and there is a strong open source
| undercurrent here that even the (sheep like) laptop sellers can't catch.

Asustek to showcase bamboo-like leather notebook at Computex Taipei 2007

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.digitimes.com/systems/a20070529PD205.html