[News] Palm Brings New Device Within Days, Foleo is Not Dead, and It's Linux Ahead

  • Subject: [News] Palm Brings New Device Within Days, Foleo is Not Dead, and It's Linux Ahead
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 13:22:57 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Palm to announce new device September 12, and it's not the Centro

,----[ Quote ]
| According to Palm employee Stephanie Richardson's blog, the news won't be
| about the Palm Centro smart phone, either. So what oh what could it be? Do
| you guys have any ideas? Or what would you like to see from Palm?
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9774227-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Why postponing the Foleo makes sense

,----[ Quote ]
| Do Linux already: It overcomes the limitations of the Garnet kernel, and adds
| many new features and device drivers. Not to mention a lot of available
| software and developers.
`----

http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmaddicts/2007/09/why-postponing-.html

Palm shakes hands with Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Back to the Palm and Linux. Now that I have the Palm working in Debian and
| Ubuntu/Xubuntu, I'm pretty happy, and I'll probably be using my
| Debian-equipped 233 MHz Compaq laptop a bit less. There's something about
| hitting a button on the Palm and being able to write within a half-second
| that totally works for me.
`----

http://www.insidesocal.com/click/2007/09/palm_shakes_hands_with_linux.html

Related:

Palm to launch Linux-based smartphone in October, say sources

,----[ Quote ]
| Palm is expected to launch its first Linux-based smartphone in October, with
| the company likely to introduce more Linux models in the future, according to
| sources close to the company.
`----

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20070823PD207.html

Palm shows off 'Centro' smart phone