[News] Darl McBride Thinks He Can be the Next Steve Jobs

  • Subject: [News] Darl McBride Thinks He Can be the Next Steve Jobs
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 06:18:38 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
[He should become a comedian.]

Q&A: McBride says SCO isn't dead yet, despite legal loss

,----[ Quote ]
| He even invoked Apple Inc.'s comeback from business problems and said that
| his company has an opportunity for a similar turnaround.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9034798

Related:

SCO Could Face Cash Crunch After Novell Trial

,----[ Quote ]
| The amount that SCO owes to Novell is now the primary focus of the case as it
| moves toward a trial that's slated to start on Sept. 17. SCO's problem: It's
| potentially on the hook for a sum that exceeds its total cash and assets.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201801912&cid=RSSfeed_IWK_News
http://tinyurl.com/398vob

SCO Tried to Gag Groklaw in 2004

,----[ Quote ]
| So SCO tried to gag Groklaw beginning in 2004. It moved on to
| false insinuations to journalists, ugly innuendo during a conference
| about me and Groklaw, having friendly journalists with PIs try to
| dig up dirt on me, a massive astroturfing campaign all over the
| internet, and then finally to intimidation with their recent motion.
| Well, I'm gagging, all right, but not in a good way, and certainly
| not in the way SCO hoped.
|
| I will respond like this, seriously for a moment. This is America.
| I am an American citizen. I was born here, born to certain rights
| as my birthright. I'm allowed to cover this litigation without
| being harassed and intimidated or threatened or gagged. I'm
| allowed to present facts that disprove SCO's public allegations.
| I am allowed to write what I believe is the truth, and I'm
| to present research about the allegations.

SCO on the brink of financial collapse

,----[ Quote ]
| The company's share price had closed at $1.56 on Friday ahead of a court
| ruling that Novell, and not SCO, was the rightful owner of the copyrights for
| the Unix operating system. The price remained steady in early trading,
| however, valuing the company at about $9.5m.
`----

http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=12A15472-0D2D-4B86-8121-992AEA422BBB

The Goldfarb Declaration - Updated: MS Statement

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.catb.org/~esr/halloween/halloween10.html