Re: [News] Powerful Open Source GPU is a Reality (More Details Revealed)

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Mark Kent
<mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 7 Sep 2007 22:24:52 +0100
<46s8r4-aea.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> <snip>
>> NVidia will need to follow suit. If not, then all a Linux user needs is this
>> one decent GPU (a series of them) with an open source driver. This is a *huge*
>> milestone for Free software. Open BIOS would be nice too and AMD could start a
>> trend.
>
> There is an open bios called "linuxbios", I believe.

http://linuxbios.org/Welcome_to_LinuxBIOS

This is admittedly a nascent project; there are only three mobos
indicating as "work in progress" in

http://linuxbios.org/Desktops

But Rome wasn't rebuilt in a day.... :-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Woman?  What woman?"