[News] Free Software Makes Better Products

  • Subject: [News] Free Software Makes Better Products
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 13:20:22 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Bruce Perens: Innovation Goes Public

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source appears to go against capitalistic economic theory, but only
| until you look closely. It’s main developers are not it’s vendors. It’s very
| customer -centric in its emphasis, rather then vendor-centric.
`----

http://www.windley.com/archives/2007/09/bruce_perens_innovation_goes_public.shtml

OpenOffice.org 2.3 Features

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenOffice.org 2.3 is on the home stretch with the first Release Candidate
| being made available today. It’s been over 5-months since OpenOffice.org 2.2
| was released, and I’m sure most users will be welcoming this update with open
| arms.
`----

http://cybernetnews.com/2007/09/05/openofficeorg-23-features/

Related:

100,000,000 OpenOffice.org fans can't be wrong

,----[ Quote ]
| Simon's official response explained the business rationale behind
| offering support for OpenOffice.org: "OpenOffice.org has becomep
| henomenally successful, Sun alone has shipped more than 70 million
| copies of OpenOffice.org 2.0," he said. "Out there, there
| are maybe 100 million copies of OpenOffice.org. It would be
| senseless to ignore that opportunity."
`----

http://www.businessreviewonline.com/os/archives/2006/11/100000000_openo.html

Open Office vs. Microsoft Office

,----[ Quote ]
| This has been just a short overview comparing Open Office to Microsoft
| Office to demonstrate that you don't have to pay a lot of money to get
| a great Office Suite.  In fact, you may not have to spend any money to
| get a great Office Suite.
`----

http://www.ubuntunoob.com/index2.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&pop=1&page=0&Itemid=1

Microsoft Office or OpenOffice?