Re: The Truth About the Google Phone Finally Revealed

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 06 September 2007 09:37 : \____

>> ____/ John Bailo, Texeme.Construct on Wednesday 05 September 2007 22:10 :
>> \____

>>> "Google Phone is based on a mobile variant of Linux, and is able to
>>> run Java virtual machines."
>>>
>>> S-W-E-E-T !
>>>
>>> And it's only $100 (supposedly).
>>>
>>> I bet anyone walking around with a $700 iPhone is feeling like a
>>> schtunk!
>>
>> And a gym bag with plastic shards. :-)
>>

> Motorola have been selling phones just like that for a couple of years
> now...

They have just been sued because of the batteries, among other physical faults
and disinformation. I hope they get out of this mess. They use Linux on their
servers and 60% of the phones they'll ship run Linux. They found the light and
had a reform with Java/Linux.

The Intel-Dell-MS oligopoly/treo can be weakened by competition (Freedom)