[News] New MEPISes, Mandriva 2008, NetBSD 4.0 and DSL 4.0 Approach Final Release

  • Subject: [News] New MEPISes, Mandriva 2008, NetBSD 4.0 and DSL 4.0 Approach Final Release
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 11:50:26 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Debian-based MEPIS Linux distros move closer to shipment

,----[ Quote ]
| MEPIS has released Beta3 of SimplyMEPIS 7.0, its full-featured Debian-based
| Linux, and Beta 2 of MEPIS AntiX (pronounced "Antics"), which is designed to
| run on very old 32-bit PC hardware.

Mandriva Linux 2008 RC 1 (aka Copernic)

,----[ Quote ]
| The first release candidate for Mandriva Linux 2008 is now available.
`----

http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Releases/Mandriva/2008.0/Development/RC1

NetBSD: 4.0 Release Candidate 1

,----[ Quote ]
| "On behalf of the NetBSD Release Engineering Team, it is my pleasure to
| announce that the first release candidate for NetBSD 4.0 has been released,"
| Liam Foy posted to the NetBSD-announce mailing list.
`----

http://kerneltrap.org/NetBSD/4.0_Release_Candidate_1

Damn Small Linux V4.0 RC3 released

,----[ Quote ]