[News] [Rival] Apple Customers Find Out They Were Grossly Overcharged

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Apple Customers Find Out They Were Grossly Overcharged
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 11:18:25 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Apple's iPhone price cuts leave mixed feelings

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple CEO Steve Jobs announced Wednesday at San Francisco's Moscone Center
| that the 8GB iPhone now costs $399, a $200 discount off the initial launch
| price for Apple's first mobile phone, released just 10 weeks ago.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9584_22-6206367.html

Suddenly they discover the /real/ value. Beats the hell out of the "if it's
free, it must be bad" dismissal argument so frequently used against Linux.

I paid $600 for my iPhone. Am I a sucker?

http://news.com.com/8301-13578_3-9772134-38.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Apple cuts iPhone price, updates iPods

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070906/ap_on_hi_te/apple_ipods

Related:

Class action over carrier-locked iPhone

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple is being sued by another iPhone customer, this time over the inability
| to use the phone with carriers other than AT&T, and high international
| roaming  charges.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14206&Itemid=1054

Closed iPhone opens road for Linux phones

,----[ Summary ]
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/yager/archives/2007/08/apple_gives_lin.html?source=rss