[News] Swedish Pharmaceutical Association Moves to GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Swedish Pharmaceutical Association Moves to GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 23:57:01 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Fass.se Migrates to Red Hat Enterprise Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| With Red Hat solutions, FASS.se is experiencing approximately 40 percent cost
| savings and has seen its new operational environment double functions on all
| levels.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070905/20070905005048.html?.v=1

Just a day or two ago it was France.

French education ministry completes migration to Red Hat

http://www.computerworlduk.com/management/government-law/public-sector/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsId=5008

Related:

Microsoft admits Swedish employee promised incentives for Open XML support

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp. admitted Wednesday that an employee at its Swedish subsidiary
| offered monetary compensation to partners for voting in favor of the Office
| Open XML document format's approval as an ISO standard.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9033701

The Swedish OOXML vote has been declared invalid!

,----[ Quote ]
| The swedish working group at SIS, Swedish Standards Institute, Document
| description languages SIS/TK 321/AG 17, decided in a vote on August 27, 2007,
| to vote yes to making Office Open XML an ISO standard. Today, the board of
| SIS decided to invalidate the vote.
`----

http://www.os2world.com/content/view/14874/2/

Microsoft managed to buy the vote of Sweden in ISO?

,----[ Quote ]
| When a friend of mine arrived, it was clear that it all was stuffing going on
| from Microsoft side. All Microsoft partners in Sweden was at that meeting.
| People against OOXML got an offer to leave the meeting without paying the fee
| (not becoming a member). Everyone left, including IBM that thought it all was
| a farse.
`----

http://stupid.domain.name/node/382

A Virtual Open Source Center to Nordic Countries

,----[ Quote ]
| The initiative was confirmed during the Norwegian IT-minister Heidi
| Grande Roys' visit in Finland. The leader of COSS, Petri Rasanen,
| stated that the steady operation of COSS is a good base to build
| the international collaboration on, and for example the web site
| of the new center will be based on the COSS portal.
`----

http://www.swbusiness.fi/portal/news/news_from_software_business_cluster/other_news/?id=18528

Telepo Licenses Fixed-Mobile Convergence Solutions to Leading Telecom
Provider

,----[ Quote ]
| Telepo's solutions are built on Linux and open IETF standards, such
| as SIP, HTTP and LDAP to offer interoperability with a wide range of
| endpoint devices, legacy systems and other business applications --
| now and in the future.
`----

http://www.wirelessdevnet.com/news/2007/feb/08/news6.html

Swedish Armed Forces Chooses Red Hat and Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| Swedish Armed Forces has made the decision to migrate its servers
| from Windows NT to Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Following the deal,
| the Swedish Armed Forces will start replacing Windows NT with Red
| Hat Enterprise Linux across its core IT infrastructure.
`----

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/newsnow/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&ndmConfigId=1004993&newsId=20070206005256
http://tinyurl.com/32lcgz

Swedish Police Commission Introduces Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://computersweden.idg.se/2.139/1.81493 (in Swedish)