[News] Another German Business Starts Selling GNU/Linux Desktops

  • Subject: [News] Another German Business Starts Selling GNU/Linux Desktops
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 11:44:30 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Shuttle starts selling preconfigured Linux systems in Germany

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, Shuttle Europe announced that they start selling two of their small
| form factor machines with pre-installed Novell (formerly SuSE) Linux
| distributions. They offer a "business" machine with SLED 10 from €529, and
| a "home" machine with OpenSUSE from €489.

HP launches Linux desktop in Australia

,----[ Quote ]
| The dx2250 HP desktop ships with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Desktop
| pre-loaded, which includes Firefox, OpenOffice and the Evolution e-mail
| client. Red Hat will handle technical support for the system.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/HP-launches-Linux-desktop-in-Australia/0,130061733,339281649,00.htm

Lenovo Unveils Its Highest Performing Notebook: A Linux Workstation

,----[ Quote ]
| Lenovo on Tuesday introduced its highest performing notebook, a Linux mobile
| workstation powered by an Intel Centrino Pro processor.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201000537#084058657658864310

Acer and Ubuntu? What Acer?

,----[ Quote ]
| Naaay. No demand? If so, why is Acer shipping to EMEA (Europe, the Middle
| East and Africa) at least 11 configurations with Linpus Linux instead of
| Windows?
`----

http://beranger.org/index.php?page=diary&2007/07/31/15/27/12-acer-and-ubuntu-what-acer-

Toshiba Italy mulls pre-loaded Linux notebooks

,----[ Quote ]
| Toshiba's Italian channel sales and marketing operation reportedly
| is considering offering pre-loaded Linux in its Tecra, Satellite, Portege,
| and Qosmio notebook lines, according to a story published online last week
| in the Il Sole newspaper.

TurboLinux computers now sold by EPSON

,----[ Quote ]
| DELL did it, now it's EPSON's turn to propose computers running Linux
| as OS, their offer is made of the Endeavor LX7800, a desktop available
| in BTO with CPUs going from the Celeron to the inevitable Core 2 Duo
| and the Endeavor LX1000 which is a laptop also available in Build To
| Order. This one features an ATI Radeon Xpress 200M graphic card and a
| 15 inches XGA resolution.
`----

http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/news-14220-TurboLinux+computers+now+sold+by+EPSON.html

Michael Dell: Linux Coming to SMBs, Europe Soon

,----[ Quote ]
| At July 10 show, Michael Dell confirmed a posting on the Direct2Dell site
| that the company has specific plans to expand its Linux offering. This will
| include a focus on SMBs as well as the European market.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2156607,00.asp#471376266180320785

Linux Rolls On [to other countries]

,----[ Quote ]