Re: Rumour: Microsoft Walks Away from Windows

____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Wednesday 05 September 2007 02:54 : \____

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, cc
> <scatnubbs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Wed, 05 Sep 2007 01:03:21 -0000
> <1188954201.367561.77990@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> On Sep 4, 1:58 pm, Mark Kent <mark.k...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> It means that they can take the code without breaking the law, unlike
>>> when they steal it.  They've had to payoff quite a few companies now,
>>> for their theft of code, haven't they?
>>
>> Or as normal people call it, purchasing. As in, they paid for code
>> because the companies sold it, (or they bought the company). I do like
>> the sinister spin you like to put on everything Microsoft though. I
>> think I'll start using it. I payoff the supermarket for the theft of
>> groceries every week.
>>

> Just remember to be consistent.  After all, freeware users
> advocate the brazen theft of millions of lines of code
> every day.  Can't be too careful with al Qaeda running
> amuck, it might lead to dancing.

Steve Ballmer was dancing very flamboyantly in that other conference.

One person' diction is another's verbiage
Tasks: 134 total,   1 running, 132 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie