Re: [News] Video of Moglen Versus Freeloaders

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 09:36:49 -0500, DFS wrote:

> Kier wrote:

>>> Disgusting.  It's a crappy one-sided interview dominated by a
>>> belligerent, confrontational Moglen that Tim O'Reilly didn't have
>>> the fortitude to challenge or direct.  Throughout, Moglen spewed
>>> hateful, insulting accusations and personal attacks against Tim
>>> O'Reilly and Microsoft that had no relevance to the topics he was
>>> there to discuss.
>>>
>>> That interview should be promoted often on cola, maybe added to the
>>> "FAQ", so casual visitors can see what kind of hostile maniacs are
>>> behind the "free software movement".
>>
>> I bet you didn't read the discussion of the video, which showed far
>> less vicious hostility that *you* do here.
>
> I've never once said anything vicious about any cola "advocate".

Of course you have. It's pointless for you to lie.

> Poor Kier.  Too embarrassed by Moglen's behavior to condemn it in front of

Embarrassed? Why? Surprised by it, perhaps.

> your cola buddies, so you just pretend it didn't happen.

I made no comment at all on his behaviour, I was commenting on yours - in
fact I think he was wrong to behave in such a way. I imagine he regrets
it. How that makes him a 'maniac' I don't know. Merely human, more likely.

It's also interesting that you never condemn Bill Gates or Steve Ballmer
when they attack Free software and its advocates, often in the most
offensive terms.

You can't have it both ways.

--
Kier