[News] [Rival] Linux-based VoIP Stays Ahead of the Game

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Linux-based VoIP Stays Ahead of the Game
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 04:26:33 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Open Source VoIP on Campus, Part 2

,----[ Quote ]
| Incidentally, SIP Express Router (SER) is included in many Linux
| distributions and in the Sun Solaris operating system. It also has been
| proven in numerous very large production deployments, including Freenet.de,
| the German telecom and Internet services provider, which is serving more than
| 1 million endpoints, and FWD (formerly FreeWorld Dialup), with half a million
| endpoints.
`----

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/59104.html

NeoPhonetics on Open Source and ITEXPO

,----[ Quote ]
| As a leader in open source, Linux-based Asterisk systems, we believe
| Microsoft’s move into unified communications will be primarily complimentary
| of our efforts because they are increasing VoIP adoption but are not likely
| to compete directly for open source Asterisk PBX customers.
`----

http://opensourcepbx.tmcnet.com/topics/open-source/articles/10269-neophonetics-open-source-itexpo.htm
http://tinyurl.com/3787ky

Microsoft tries it's same old lock-in and anti-standards strategy.

Related:

Slide towards IP gathers pace

,----[ Quote ]
| The drift towards IP technologies is accelerating faster than anticipated, at
| the cost of security and stability, according to survey from Dimension Data.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08/21/ip_everywhere_survey/

Microsoft, others scramble for spotlight at VoiceCon

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has licensed its RT Audio Codec for IP (Internet Protocol) voice
| calls to major hardware vendors including Intel, Texas Instruments, and
| Polycom, the company is set to announce Tuesday at the VoiceCon conference.
| It joins several vendors using the event as a showcase for IP telephony
| advancements.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20070821/tc_infoworld/91181

Halloween Memo I Confirmed and Microsoft's History on Standards

,----[ Quote ]