Re: [News] Linux Kernel Summit Ahead; Robert Love (Kernel Hacker) Explains Why Windows Vista Scheduler is a Mess

____/ Linonut on Saturday 01 September 2007 13:55 : \____

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>>> IOW after more than twenty years, Microsoft /still/ can't do a decent
>>> kernel, and /still/ can't do networking.
>>
>> Worse---they discriminate.
>>
>> Entire city of Vista users can't access the internet
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Lundis Energi blamed Microsoft because Vista has got a bug and it isn't
>> | going to change the configuration of the server just to cope with the
>> | flaw.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=42043
>>
>> Some will blame Linux for Vista's bugs. Wait and watch. This story has only
>> just emerged and it's being translated and brought to English press.
>
> Maybe we're witnessing the first salvo in the war to create an
> all-Windows internet?

Samba broken by Longhorn.

Silvelight.

OOXML infection on the Web.

XPS.

Photosynth.

ActiveX.

REST API.

Windows' identity management.

Active Directory.

Exchange protocols and communication (e.g. VoIP) that requires licensing.

... many more ...

On the Net, Microsoft wants .NET. It doesn't want something that would work for
others. C0ntr01 freak.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | http://debian.org
Tasks: 122 total,   1 running, 120 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie