[News] [Rival] OOXML: Microsoft Possibly Lies in India, Trashes Poland's Vote

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] OOXML: Microsoft Possibly Lies in India, Trashes Poland's Vote
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 00:59:14 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Did Not Support OOXML Proposal: CSI

,----[ Quote ]
| CSI wishes to clarify that at no point has CSI supported the proposed
| standard in its present form. In a communication to the BIS to clarify the
| issue, Dr. J.R. Arora, CSI's representative in BIS, states that: "I also wish
| to draw your attention to a news item published in the Economics Times as has
| been brought to my notice by the Hon. Secretary, CSI. Quoting you, it is
| mentioned in this news item that 'There was no need for voting as only
| Infosys Technologies and CSI supported Microsoft'. This statement is not
| correct, as CSI, in its written comments sent to BIS with a copy marked to
| you, has very categorically stated that it does not support the OOXML
| standard in its present form. In fact these remarks were read by the BIS
| official, Ms. Reena Garg, in the third meeting held at BIS. We are therefore
| shocked to read about the news stating that the CSI has supported the
| standard.”
`----

http://www.sanepr.com/Did-Not-Support-OOXML-Proposal-CSI_23201.cfm

2-3 weeks, I caught Microsoft lying (deliberately) in India. Wow! Corruption
knows no bounds. ODF is truly disruptive an unethical cash cow.

Poland says "Yes, with comments" to OOXML

http://sciitnews.com/news_4055.html

However, that's not the full story. The word from Poland tells a different
story:

http://boycottnovell.com/2007/08/31/poland-ooxml/

"There was no practical reason to do that and as you remember first [Polish]
comitee rejected MSOOXML with 82% votes against it, but now second comittee
approved MSOOXML without single vote against it!"