Re: Linux:understanding it takes time

On Sep 20, 1:21 pm, Kier <val...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 21:03:09 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> > ____/ Kier on Thursday 20 September 2007 20:05 : \____
>
> >> A refutation of another one of those 'why Linux isn't ready for the
> >> desktop' type articles:
>
> >>http://www.itwire.com/content/view/14548/1090/
>
> > It does not need to be refuted because it feeds the shills who place it and
> > urges them to wash and repeat.
>
> Eh? The original article wasn't written by a 'shill'. YOu should get over
> this idea that everyone who reviews Linux in a negative light is some
> sort or plant or shill. Nine times out of ten you're likely to be wrong.
>
> Misapprehensions of Linux *should* be countered, wherever are found.
>
> --
> Kier

I don't know whether the original article was written by a
"shill" (someone with a hidden financial interest, or
perhaps someone who is a budget item in the Microsoft PR department),
in fact, it's hard to know who has such interests
and who doesn't.  Even people who seem as crazy as Enderle, for
example, it's hard to prove anything  But my bet is that it's more
than 10% (I mean 100% minus your 90% figure).  I agree one shouldn't
go overboard.   I generally don't believe in conspiracies, BTW.