Re: Open Source Driver for ATI Radeon R5xx/R6xx

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 17:39:03 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

> Kier wrote:

>>> Feel free to point us to the exact place where they admitted that.
>>> The article says nothing at all about that
>>
>> I believe it's this sentence he's referring to:
>>
>> "It is in Novell's interest - selfish interest, I will admit - to
>> advance-remove whatever those inhibitors be to the advancement of Linux
>> and open source."
>>
>> <snip>
>>

> You are aware that there is a slight difference between Novell saying it and
> someone else saying "it is in Novell's interest - selfish interest"?

Oh, certainly. Just pointing to something that Roy could have got his
interpretation from.

> It is not at all "Novell admitting that..."
>
> So yes, my point still stands: Up to now nobody has put forward anything at
> all except wildeyed speculations. In short, utter bullshit

On the whole, I have to agree. I'm not wild about the Novell/MS link-up,
but nor do I think it's the end of the world as we know it. There's been a
lot of hysterical nonsense talked, with very little hard evidence behind
it.

--
Kier