[News] User Kicks the Tires of Arch Linux and Gives MS/Novell Linux the Boot

  • Subject: [News] User Kicks the Tires of Arch Linux and Gives MS/Novell Linux the Boot
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 07:26:19 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Proud Arch-er

,----[ Quote ]
| After sticking with OpenSuSE for a long time (read 2 years), I finally got
| one of the bleeding edge distros : Arch Linux.
`----

http://arun.wordpress.com/2007/09/17/proud-arch-er/

Related:

Arch Linux Review

,----[ Quote ]
| I happen to believe that Arch is an excellent flavor of Linux that hasn't got
| the share of publicity and attention if deserves from the community yet.
|
| [...]
|
| As I've said before I am a rather old Linux user, so I didn't expect to get
| easily impressed from a distro. Well guess what, I am! Arch is an excellent
| distribution I'd recommend to just about everyone that likes to get his hands
| dirty and has at least some experience in Linux.
| It keeps the simple methodology that Slackware has but presents it in a more
| easy, decent way. It is not a distro for absolute beginners, it does not
| promise a dozen features "out of the box" but once you get it rolling you'll
| be rewarded with an amazing distro. Trust me you'll love "the Arch way"!
`----

http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/212/104/

Review: Arch Linux 0.8 Voodoo x86_64

,----[ Quote ]
| I liked Arch Linux and I felt right at home using it. Like Slackware
| and Debian it gives you a solid foundation and you can add whatever you
| like to the system.
`----

http://www.triedit.org/review/review-arch-linux-08-voodoo-x86_64/

ArchLinux -- smooth and cuddly

,----[ Quote ]
| Arch is gaining new users and good reviews every day. Let's find out why
| this is happening.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/linux/arch/archlinux-smooth-and-cuddly/

Review: Arch64, Archlinux for 64bit processors

,----[ Quote ]
| I highly recommend Arch64. If you are looking for a great 64bit system
| and don't mind getting your hands dirty, this is the system for you. You
| only need a fast connection and some time. Pacman is the best package
| manager out there. ABS gives you freedom to create your own packages
| or customize packages for your machine.
`----

http://www.linuxtechdaily.com/2006/11/review-arch64-archlinux-for-64bit-processors/

Arch Linux 0.7.2 (Gimmick) Review

,----[ Quote ]
| I have finally found a distribution that fits all of my needs and
| won't hold my hand. Editing files is simple and educational as you
| learn how the system works. For the speed, stability, and the
| simplicity this distribution offers, it is no wonder that Arch is
| quickly becoming home for most power users as well as users who are
| willing to learn Linux.
`----

http://www.openaddict.com/page.php?28

Watching the Evolution of Arch Linux