Re: I.B.M. to Offer Office Software Free in Challenge to Microsoft's Line

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:55:16 +0100
<22070887.ljaVoJRlFi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> ____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Tuesday 18 September 2007 13:05 : \____
>
>> I.B.M. plans to mount its most ambitious challenge in years to
>> Microsoft's dominance of personal computer software, by offering free
>> programs for word processing, spreadsheets and presentations.
>
> Oops. I've just posted this as well. This is really big, no matter what people
> try to say. It will force Microsoft to rethink the price of its cash cow.
>
> This also explains why Rob Weir and Bob Sutor fought OOXML so viciously.
>
> At the end of the day, this is great news to the consumer.

Erm....isn't Google already a third entrant in this, along
with OpenOffice and of course Microsoft?  That makes four
(five spreadsheets if one counts Gnumeric).

Interesting times.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Woman?  What woman?"