Re: [News] Linux Beats Vista "Ultimate" Edition to It (Animated Wallpaper)

"Mark Kent" <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> graeme <www.rillion.net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> MS released a Vista Ultimate "Extra" called DreamScene - it loops a movie
>> for wallpaper.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/2lcvwm
>
> It must be frustrating working for Microsoft now, where really, all you
> get to do is copy what's already out there.

You mean how this animated desktop that was just released (or possibly
released in 2002) is a cheap knock-off of Active Desktop which Microsoft
released in 1997.

Yet another example of OSS "innovation" where they shamelessly copy existing
Microsoft technology. I just can't wait to see the next version of
open-office where OSS will "innovate" the ribbon bar that MS-Office 2007
has.