[News] New Vista PCs Delivered to Customers with Virus Preinstalled

  • Subject: [News] New Vista PCs Delivered to Customers with Virus Preinstalled
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 12:39:15 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Boot virus shipped on German laptops

,----[ Quote ]
| According to German sources, anywhere between 10,000 and 100,000 systems may
| be infected...
`----

http://www.virusbtn.com/news/2007/09_14.xml

Nice.

Related:

Spyware infection prompts McDonalds MP3 recall

,----[ Quote ]
| Users who connected the McDonalds-branded MP3 player to their
| Windows PC were exposed to spyware code programmed to transmit
| their web passwords and other sensitive information to hackers.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/10/16/mcd_spyware_mp3_recall/

Small Number of Video iPods Shipped With Windows Virus

,----[ Quote ]
| We recently discovered that a small number - less
| than 1% - of the Video iPods available for purchase
| after September 12, 2006, left our contract manufacturer
| carrying the Windows RavMonE.exe virus. This known
| virus affects only Windows computers...
`----

http://www.apple.com/support/windowsvirus/

Apple blames Windows for iPod virus