[News] DistroWatch Goes Under DDoS Attack (Windows Zombies?), Gaia Claims Microsoft Behind Similar Attack

  • Subject: [News] DistroWatch Goes Under DDoS Attack (Windows Zombies?), Gaia Claims Microsoft Behind Similar Attack
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 12:19:15 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
DistroWatch has stated that it had gone down for now. DDOS attacks.

Instant Project Failure - GUARANTEED!

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm going to come with a statement that I'll probably get completely
| slaughtered for; Using ASP.NET AJAX in your project is a Gurantee for Instant
| Project Failure!
`----

http://ajaxwidgets.com/Blogs/thomas/instant_project_failure___guar.bb

And just a couple of days ago:

Are we being DOS attacked by a Microsoft employee?

,----[ Quote ]
| Now I find it funny that a person that lives about 5 minutes from Redmond
| which is the headquarters of Microsoft is DOS attacking us and I don't
| believe that this is a coincidence.
`----

http://ajaxwidgets.com/Blogs/thomas/are_we_being_dos_attacked_by_a.bb

Related:

Botnet 'pandemic' threatens to strangle the net

,----[ Quote ]
| Cerf estimated that between 100 million and 150 million of the
| 600 million PCs on the internet are under the control of hackers,
| the BBC reports.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/26/botnet_threat/

FBI to Notify Microsoft Windows Users Who Were Victims of Botnets

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/general/10550/fbi-notify-microsoft-windows-users-who-were-victims-botnets