[News] A Look at Xara Xtreme for GNU/Linux (Commercial Software That Embraced the GPL)

  • Subject: [News] A Look at Xara Xtreme for GNU/Linux (Commercial Software That Embraced the GPL)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 04:43:00 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Xara Xtreme for Linux, a powerful graphics program

,----[ Quote ]
| The source code was made available open-source in early 2006, and is being
| ported to Linux. The downloadable  version of Xara Xtreme for Linux  is
| working straight away on most Linux machines, but  the development is
| continuing daily. At the moment  two versions are available for download. The
| first is the recommended download because it will normally be the most
| stable. The second is the very latest, but untested version, built and
| published automatically.
`----

http://www.linux-tip.net/cms/content/view/319/26/

Related:

Review: Inkscape 0.45 is the best yet

,----[ Quote ]
| Inkscape 0.45 packs in new features, speed, and usability enhancements,
| and offers a tempting look at where the package is headed.
`----

http://applications.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/02/23/1639217&from=rss

Inkscape Drawing Program Brings Joy to Many

,----[ Quote ]
| Inkscape is a free vector drawing program that brings joy and robust drawing
| tools to millions of people who could never afford Adobe Illustrator. You can
| use Inkscape for fun or for thousands of different practical purposes
| including designing your own business card, CD cover, advertising layout, and
| countless other tasks.
`----

http://blogs.pcworld.com/communityvoices/archives/2007/08/inkscape_drawin.html

Inkscape Tutorial - The Sun