Re: [News] PC World Thinks Linux Affects Hardware, Apparently

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 02:11:42 +0100, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>| PC World refuse to repair hardware fault, because of LinuxToday I took my
>| laptop to pc world because a crack has developed near the left hinge,
>| this develops because the joint inside is failing and spreading to the
>| casing.
>|
>| Laptop is only 4 or 5 months old and otherwise in good condition.
>|
>| It was agreed that infact there is indeed an issue with the hinge and that it
>| will spread much further untill the display can no longer stay attached to
>| the rest of the unit.
>|
>| Then I was told because I have Linux installed, I am not covered by my
>| warranty.

That's a bad policy. Something stupid like that could really hurt a comapny.
..I would bet. however, it has something to do with the OEM agreement
with Microsoft.

It seems. however, that the manufacturer warranty should cover the defect.