[News] DRM-free Movies Are Here

Headweb offers DRM-less movie downloads using P2P

,----[ Quote ]
| A new download service in Sweden claims to offer probably the most
| consumer-friendly movie download service on the Internet. Headweb uses P2P
| technology to sell movie downloads without Digital Rights Management (DRM)
| protection.
`----

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/11069.cfm

The future of DRM

,----[ Quote ]
| Just because something's possible doesn't mean it's necessary...but if DRM is
| necessary, at least it's possible.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9774549-7.html?tag=nefd.only

Similar theme:

Why I block web ads

http://blogbeebe.blogspot.com/2007/09/why-i-block-web-ads.html

Related:

Holland Considers Banning DRM, Legalizing Filesharing

,----[ Quote ]
| Last year the Dutch tried to tax all MP3 players, but that proposal
| didn't make it into law. But not to worry, they have other brilliant
| ideas. Earlier this week, Dutch politicians suggested that it might
| be a good idea to tax Internet traffic, and use this money to
| compensate the music industry. This, under the condition that
| DRM is abandoned, and people can't be charged for downloads. Say
| what?
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/holland-considers-banning-drm-legalizing-filesharing/

Paramount: DRM may not (at least right now) please consumers

,----[ Quote ]
| "Interoperability (presents) an impediment to digital distribution," he said
| during remarks at the Progress and Freedom Foundation's Aspen Summit. "I'm
| pretty confident that in the end solutions will be found. It's just a
| question of how much heat and pressure we feel before we see the light."
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9764237-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

World's largest music retailer ditches DRM, not censorship

,----[ Quote ]
| DRM isn't yet dead in the music business, but it has a nasty, hacking cough.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070821-worlds-largest-music-retailer-ditches-drm-not-censorship.html

Music DRM in critical condition: Universal tests DRM free music sales

,----[ Quote ]
| Universal Music Group has announced that the company is going to test selling
| DRM-free music to consumers in order to assess the market.

AmieStreet.com Announces Series A Financing Led By Amazon.com

,----[ Quote ]
| Anyone can upload their music to AmieStreet.com, and all songs are
| downloadable in DRM-free mp3 format.
`----

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/prnewswire/NYM01106082007-1.htm

Losses widen at Warner

,----[ Quote ]
| Big-selling albums by Linkin Park and the White Stripes were not enough to
| prevent widening losses at Warner Music, which suffered a drop in income as
| fans shifted from compact discs to digital downloads.
`----

http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,2143551,00.html

EMI pays price for not moving with the times

,----[ Quote ]
| In regards to EMI's recent joint venture with iTunes which offers DRM-free
| downloads the group found that "early revenue indications for this initiative
| are encouraging," according to breitbart.com.

EMI has DRM free sales boom

,----[ Quote ]