[News] New Linux Tablet Makes Its Debut; N770/N800 Can Run KDE Now

  • Subject: [News] New Linux Tablet Makes Its Debut; N770/N800 Can Run KDE Now
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 00:56:43 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Linux tablet delivers IP-TV, other services over WiFi

,----[ Quote ]
| By connecting wirelessly, the WiFi Tablet eliminates the need to run cable
| and install extra set-top boxes. It has an 8-inch WVGA (800x480) pixel LCD
| touchscreen, and "powerful" stereo speakers, according to the company.

KDE on the IT

| KDE and all it's supporting programs have been compiled for the Internet
| Tablet, and it works b-e-a-utifully. I've installed this sucker on my N770
| and it purrs like a kitten, believe it or not ;)
`----

http://geekpenguin.blogspot.com/2007/09/kde-on-it.html

Brilliant. The power of open systems.

Related:

Nokia N800 Internet Tablet

,----[ Quote ]
| As a media player it plays MP3's and other audio formats through surprisingly
| good sounding speakers for their size, or headphones. It plays MP4 and
| RealVideo videos, and youtube.
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/wbays/entry/nokia_n800_internet_tablet

Review: Nokia N800 now with Skype

,----[ Quote ]
| While I enjoyed using the Nokia N800 prior to the firmware upgrade, once
| having Skype installed made the unit made the Nokia N800 an almost
| indispensable tool carry around. Having the ability to make phone calls
| anywhere in the world from any location that has wireless internet was neat.
| Furthermore with a SkypeIn plan you can easily receive phone calls from just
| about any place in the world that has wifi. The addition of having Skype made
| the Nokia N800 a near cellphone like device.
`----

http://lunapark6.com/nokia-n800-now-with-skype.html

First look: Skype for the Nokia N800 Internet Tablet

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070711-first-look-skype-for-the-nokia-n800-internet-tablet.html