Re: [News] Microsoft's Number 1 Anti-Linux Crusader Talks to Wired Magazine

"amicus_curious" <ACDC@xxxxxxx> wrote in

> "Sgt. Wannacker" <Wannacker@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>

>> I see that Roy Schestowitz is once again taking assorted illegal
>> drugs like LSD because he's hallucinating once again. "This guy is
>> paid by Microsoft (he has connections there)" is pure bullshit that
>> this tweeb pulled out of his butt along with a hamster or two. I'd
>> like to see this drugged up liar even attempt to prove this crazy
>> statement.
>>
> One can only imagine what the truth might be.  Do you think that
> Microsoft, with all their money and all their high-priced talent,
> would play such a shallow sort of game?  I don't think so.  Microsoft
> would, as they certainly have done in the past, play at a much deeper
> level.  First off, they might simply hire someone to portray a grossly
> over the top advocate such as the Schestowitz personna that would
> serve to firm up the notion that Linux fans are obsessive.  They might
> even, if they had the money to waste, pay for some posts such as those
> from "chrisv" that further show the Linux fan as coarse and
> simple-minded.  On the other hand, given the general impotency of
> pro-Linux groups everywhere, they might just ignore the whole idea.
>
> It is all so confusing.

The thing about Linux advocacy is that by design it is self limiting and
ultimately self exterminating.
The average person couldn't care less about Linux.
Most of the time, the advocates are just preaching to the choir because
most people don't take this group seriously anyway.
And the choir consists of less than 5 people in this group.

Look at the pattern.
Roy posts a message, within 15 minutes Mark Kent comes along and agrees
with it, but contributes nothing to the thread, then Homer comes along
and starts bellowing some long winded boring diatribe which most people
will not even get to the end of because it's just dull.

It's the same thing over and over again.

So what are these people trying to do?
Seed Google with their own brand of paranoia?
I don't know but anyone stumbling upon some of their posts and then doing
some more research will quickly reach the conclusion that Linux advocates
and the ones in this group in particular are a bunch of quacks.
There is no other conclusion that can be reached.