Re: [News] British Telecommunications Joins The Linux Phone Standards

7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> Mark Kent wrote:
>
>> 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> I'm afraid you can't trust BT$. This is the same company that
>>> officially announced that customers don't need anything more
>>> than 1Mbit broadband (or thereabouts) and that they won't invest
>>> in any infrastructure to upgrade existing users.
>>>
>>> Promises promises!!!
>>
>> That's not quite true.  Most BT lines support up to 8Mbit/s.
>>

>>> If BT$ would only stick to promises, then investors
>>> can invest in 100Mbit+ networks as available now in EU countries,
>>> and far eastern countries.
>>
>> Like where?
>
> google is your friend

You made the assertion - kindly prove it, as I'm not going to do your
homework.

In the meantime, if you want to have 140MBit/s to your home, you've been
able to have that since the 1980s, but it's not cheap.