Re: [News] The United Kingdom CIOs Want PCs Without Windows

[H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:

>> Are 'naked PCs' good for businesses?
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Three-quarters of silicon.com's 12-strong CIO Jury IT director panel have now
>> | backed that call for naked PCs, although the argument is far from
>> | straightforward.
>> `----
>
> The push for unbundling Windows is gathering momentum. The sooner the
> better, then we'll /really/ see how "popular" Windows is.

We're well into the end-game now, the grandiose gestures are over, the
international politicing failed (Microsoft's ISO corruption attempt),
and CIOs are seeing that they will not be out on a limb if they call for
PCs free off Windows pre-installs.  The tide is going back out, in spite
of everything King Ballmer is trying to do in order to keep it in.