[News] KDE Plans Next Summit for Belgium, Slight Delay in KDE4 Release

  • Subject: [News] KDE Plans Next Summit for Belgium, Slight Delay in KDE4 Release
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 13:31:19 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Showstoppers list for KDE’s 4.0 Beta 3 release

,----[ Quote ]
| Sebastian Kügler announced the new release date together with the Beta 3
| Release Goals some days ago. The idea is to have a central place to collect
| information about the potentially troublesome areas within the KDE 4.0
| development and also to discuss and draw attention to existing issues.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/09/28/showstoppers-list-for-kdes-40-beta-3-release/

Unlike Microsoft (Vista), they won't be releasing the software at alpha
quality. KDE 3 is very solid and polished.

Akademy 2008 to be Held in Belgium

,----[ Quote ]
| The annual KDE World Summit, Akademy, has found a home for 2008 in the heart
| of Europe, Belgium.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1191001763/

Related:

KDE4 is Very Attractive

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE4 will be a big step towards an enterprise software business based on free
| software. The software on the big servers is there already, the desktop is
| next. - kdedevelopers blogs
`----

http://linux.wordpress.com/2007/08/01/kde4-is-very-attractive/

I have been playing with KDE lately.