[News] Asterisk Buys a Fancy GUI

Major open source telephony news: Digium buys Switchvox

| This morning, I can reveal that Digium, the company that is the creator and
| primary developer of open source telephony platform Asterisk has purchased
| business phone systems solutions developer Switchvox.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/ip-telephony/?p=2450

Linux-based VoIP will become more reachable now.

Why enterprise software costs so much

,----[ Quote ]
| In sum, Tibco and other traditional enterprise software vendors would do well
| to reconsider their distribution and sales models. Open source offers a
| highly viable, successful model: try before you buy, not pay and then pray.
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9787101-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

Related:

Digium preps Asterisk Linux distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| "We developed our own GUI [which is] similar to Trixbox [distribution],
| but the purpose of AsteriskNow is to provide a distribution built
| around Asterisk technology so people can use it without the GUI," he
| said. "The GUI is the same as the Asterisk Appliance that looks
| like a Linksys router that runs Asterisk and has analogue ports."
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;1047335524;fp;2;fpid;1

Slast (formerly Slasterisk) is a live cd project combining Slax and
Asterisk 1.4

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.slast.org/