[News] AmaroK Working on New Innovative Features

  • Subject: [News] AmaroK Working on New Innovative Features
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 11:33:38 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Playing with the Playlist

,----[ Quote ]
| There are many things that do not work really well yet, such as correctly
| updating groups when items are moved or deleted, but I will work on that.
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/501-Playing-with-the-Playlist.html

Related:

AmaroK Blog - Weekly status update II

,----[ Quote ]
| As promised, here is once again a small update of what I have been spending
| the last week of Amarok hacking doing.
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/493-Weekly-status-update-II.html

Why KDE 4 Matters

,----[ Quote ]
| This is also why Gnome is just now starting to talk about their long term
| future, since they've been stuck in the incremental stuff for a while and I'm
| getting the feeling that some of them feel trapped in the cycle.
`----

http://troy-at-kde.livejournal.com/5647.html

KDE4 is Very Attractive

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE4 will be a big step towards an enterprise software business based on free
| software. The software on the big servers is there already, the desktop is
| next. - kdedevelopers blogs
`----

http://linux.wordpress.com/2007/08/01/kde4-is-very-attractive/

Get your groove on with Amarok

,----[ Quote ]
| So, you got the new iPod that you wanted for Christmas, but you're
| no fan of iTunes. No problem -- you can cast off your iTunes chains
| and manage your music entirely with Linux using Amarok. Amarok
| gives you everything you need to manage your music, from playing
| to burning music CDs to managing your portable music player.

Linux Audio Players, Tested and Graded

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE users have it easy: Amarok is slick enough to crow about in a
| room full of iTunes or Windows Media Player users.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,128636-page,4-c,linux/article.html

Sneak peak, pretty playlist, raw plasma

,----[ Quote ]
| As my focus is on the service integration, I have chosen to show a few of the
| new things that are happening in this area, as well as some of the more
| general and cool stuff that is being worked on.
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/456-Sneak-peak,-pretty-playlist,-raw-plasma.html

[Amarok and KDE News - Plasma]

,----[ Quote ]
| In other Amarok-related news, we have been considering moving to Plasma for
| the context view (the big display in the middle) in Amarok. This move was
| initiated by Leo Franchi, who is working on the context view as his SoC
| project. Leo started an experimental branch in SVN for the Plasmification...
`----

http://commit-digest.org/issues/2007-07-15/

Plasma icons! [Icons Actions]

,----[ Quote ]
| What he showed me was essentially this flash animation that shows the
| concept live, and this other PDF that actually explains in detail what the
| animation does.
`----

http://blog.ruphy.org/?p=11

Second Plasma screen cast appears, RandR 1.2 lands in KDE

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/06/03/second-plasma-screen-cast-appears-randr-12-lands-in-kde/
http://tinyurl.com/yuks3g