Re: IURON

____/ alt on Thursday 27 September 2007 03:38 : \____

> On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 00:23:03 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ____/ alt on Wednesday 26 September 2007 22:31 : \____

>>> Well, it does say "prototype" on the page.
>>
>> I haven't touch that project in years. At the time, I thought about the
>> possibility of doing a second Ph.D. that revolves around this project. By
>> the way, watch Wikia's new project. There are various projects that take a
>> whole new approach to indexing and referral.
>>

> The idea is good. Simple indexing is dead, mostly due to "Search Engine
> Optimization". Google has some pretty proprietary methods to filter out
> the SEO junk from the real stuff. I look forward to the next "google".

Google has blacklists, not methods. In the past, I helped Cutts and the others
expand a list of spammy sites^1, of which there are many (maybe the majority
of the domains out there). Because of such lists, Google is untouchable.

__
^1 And various registration details that can be used to identify the spammers,
who create new sites)

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Apache: commercial software's days are numbered