[News] [Rival] Microsoft Admits Making False Vista promise, Brags About Old Linux Feature

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Admits Making False Vista promise, Brags About Old Linux Feature
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 17:59:26 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft Admits they have Failed Vista Ultimate Users

,----[ Quote ]
| "I'm as frustrated as you are by this experience and while we've essentially
| failed our Ultimate customers to date, we're working hard to exceed their
| expectations in the long run." said Nick White a Microsoft product manager
| and blogger.
`----

http://www.hardwaregeeks.com/comments.php?shownews=4552

No, but wait. Vista can show videos in the background, if you shell out GBP320.

http://www.windowsultimate.com/photos/storage/extras/dreamscenesmall.wmv

What has happened to Vista's promised Ultimate Extras?

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista Ultimate Extras, available only to customers running the top-end Vista
| edition, was one of the features cited by Microsoft to distinguish the £320
| Vista Ultimate from its £185 cousin, Vista Home Premium.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/technology/operating-systems/windows/news/index.cfm?newsid=5344

Related:

[Linux] Screensaver as a Desktop Wallpaper

http://geekhacks.com/2007/09/13/screensaver-as-a-desktop-wallpaper/