Re: [News] Pioneer Linux (Kubuntu-based) 3.0 Released, Vista-like Linux Unveiled

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 10:38:06 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

> Kier wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 05:50:59 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> I think it's a bit different from Linspire because Linspire had a wealthy
>>> founder and an actual company behind it. By the way, Freespire 2.0.4
>>> (IIRC) was released a few days ago, but I no longer post much Linspire
>>> and Xandros news here. They are traitors (the software equiv. of treason)
>>> and they will gradually run out of business. Microsoft paid them many
>>> millions to choose this route.
>>
>> So, all the hard working developers and satisfied users of Linspire and
>> XandrOS are traitors, are they? Nice language. I'm sure they'll be
>> overjoyed to hear that.
>>

> Well, they don't listen to the GPL3 god.

They don't seem to be going out of business, either.

XandrOS is Debian-based, I believe. I tried it once, it was okay, but by
that time I had  a fair bit of Linux experience, and it was obviously
designed for people wanting an immediate drop-in replacement for Windows,
so its target market didn't really include me any more.

--
Kier