[News] Installing Linux as Simple Installing Adobe Flash in Windows

  • Subject: [News] Installing Linux as Simple Installing Adobe Flash in Windows
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 05:43:39 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Installing Debian Etch From A Windows System With "Debian-Installer Loader"

,----[ Quote ]
| Debian-Installer Loader is a Debian Etch installer for Windows which adds an
| entry to the boot menu that allows you to start the Debian installation.
| Unlike the Ubuntu installation with Wubi, real Debian partitions are created
| during the installation. In the end, you have a dual-boot system
| (Windows/Debian).
`----

http://www.howtoforge.com/debian_windows_installer

It is therefore not surprising that Debian's offspring is so well accepted.
It's even preinstalled...

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue58

"Dell insiders tell me customer reaction to the company's Ubuntu PCs,
introduced in June, has been good. "